Indian Journal of Dental ResearchIndian Journal of Dental ResearchIndian Journal of Dental Research
HOME | ABOUT US | EDITORIAL BOARD | AHEAD OF PRINT | CURRENT ISSUE | ARCHIVES | INSTRUCTIONS | SUBSCRIBE | ADVERTISE | CONTACT
Indian Journal of Dental Research   Login   |  Users online: 1960

Home Bookmark this page Print this page Email this page Small font sizeDefault font size Increase font size         

 


 
CASE REPORT Table of Contents   
Year : 2011  |  Volume : 22  |  Issue : 6  |  Page : 839-842
Accidental ingestion of a barbed wire broach and its endoscopic retrieval: Prevention better than cure


Department of Surgery, K. S. Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore, Karnataka, India

Correspondence Address:
Rajashekar Mohan
Department of Surgery, K. S. Hegde Medical Academy, Deralakatte, Mangalore, Karnataka
India
Login to access the Email id

Source of Support: None, Conflict of Interest: None


DOI: 10.4103/0970-9290.94681

Rights and Permissions

Ingestion of instruments is a potential complication that can occur during dental procedures. We report a case of accidental ingestion of an endodontic barbed wire broach during root canal treatment and its subsequent retrieval by endoscopic methods. Although prevention is the best approach, proper management of such an event is also crucial. The objective of this report is to draw attention to the potentially serious complications that can occur if preventive techniques are not practised, and to discuss the accepted guidelines for management of such an event.


[FULL TEXT] [PDF]*
Print this article     Email this article

 
 Similar in PUBMED
   Search Pubmed for
   Search in Google Scholar for
 Related articles
  Citation Manager
 Access Statistics
  Reader Comments
  Email Alert *
  Add to My List *
 
 

 Article Access Statistics
    Viewed2936    
    Printed81    
    Emailed2    
    PDF Downloaded140    
    Comments [Add]    
    Cited by others 1    

Recommend this journal